So here I go. I have worked as a cook and baker for 3 years
and cooked/baked recreationally as long as I can remember. I love food. Making it, reading about
it, looking at it, eating it, talking about it, sharing it. There is something
about the creation of sustenance from products of the earth that I absolutely
adore. Creating, sustaining and growing. Mmmm-mmm-good.
So here I am. I have been working on creating a bread
program at the coffee shop where I bake/cook. I have developed a couple of breads and crackers that we
sell by the loaf, as well as breads that we use for our sandwiches. I have more
breads I want to be able to produce for the shop, but I need to develop and
perfect the recipes. Darn. I get to play in Breadland at home. And while I am
in the kitchen, I’ll make things to go with by bread! Meals, desserts, I want
to make it all.
So this is my way of tracking my progress. I am a few years
into the learning process, so you won’t have to pain through the basic learning
with me (I already went through that…in fact, in ways I still am!). I am here to document what I am doing
and how I am doing it. Food is meant to be shared so here I am setting my table.
No comments:
Post a Comment