Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Spread It On...THICK!

New. Favorite. Spread. Fast and easy, and yuuuuummy!!

The other day there was a game night at a friends house. The two women that were hosting had just moved in to their house and since the two men who live in the house were gone, wanted to have a bunch of estrogen over for games, food, company, and merriment. Homemade beanbag toss followed by Taboo made for a great night with fantastic women.

They had made a zucchini chocolate chip bundt cake and sangria, leaving lots of options for what I could bring! However, just getting off of work and having only an hour before I had to go brought my options down. Hmm...Well, I had a block of Neufchatel and a jar of my homemade blueberry-champagne jam on hand...what could I do....put them together of course!! About 6oz of the cheese and maybe 1/4c of the jam mixed together, put in a bowl with dollops of jam bordering the bowl and a fresh basil leaf to garnish?! I'll take it. Spread that baby on a slice of baguette and we are good to go. The basket of my bike had never been so happily filled with a baguette and blueberry-champagne cream cheese.



I am excited to try this with other jams. It could go sweet OR savory, which is awesome (Blueberry-habanero?! Or raspberry! Gooseberry!! Pepper jelly...ooh...)

Great for brunch! Bagels or scones or biscuits...Now I am getting hungry...




No comments:

Post a Comment