Kyle and I watched a documentary called 'Happy' last night and the premiss was really cool. What makes people truly happy. Food was mentioned and the type of diet that lends itself to mentally clear and happy people. Geek, reinforced.
I finally sat down and watched the documentary 'Forks Over Knives" today. It has been on my list of things to watch for a long time, so I was excited to sit down and spend part of my Saturday watching it. It followed the studies of two doctors who have done global research and have found that a whole-food, plant-based diet is the best medicine for anybody. There were other doctors and patients featured who showed that it can reduce and even reverse disease progression, including cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, among others. This is something we hear on the news, read about in the paper, and see on tv, but the scientific evidence was awesome to see, allowing the comprehension of the information, not just evoking the "smile, nod, 'I know'" reaction. Geek, reinforced.
This is something I want to do. Nutrition therapy. In some ways I have already started (oh, Kyle, being the only one I can force it upon...), but I want to know more. I want to do the research, know the science of it. Our bodies are self-healing, and using proper nutrition to feed our bodies what they need in order to heal and function ideally is inspiring to me.
Geek, motivated.
I have Italian Lentil and Barley Stew on the stove right now. Legume, barley, herbs, and veggies. Nutrition AND taste. Geek, reinforced.
No comments:
Post a Comment